108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA8100 Online Disk F/W upgrade ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
VivekDey
Occasional Contributor

EVA8100 Online Disk F/W upgrade ?

How long does it approx take to do an online disk firmware upgrade on EVA 8100 2c12d , 24 Fata and 144 FC , about 50 disks need f/w upgrade.

Cos if you use CommandView you cannot do any other management till the upgrade is completed or it will stop.
I have not tried SSSU yet.

Thanks,

Vivek
4 REPLIES 4
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA8100 Online Disk F/W upgrade ?

Hi,
you can count 60 secs to one disk, so it should be finished in the time span of aprox. 1 hour.
the pain is one part of the reality
Sivakumar MJ._1
Respected Contributor

Hi Vivek,

For about 50Disks it will take hardly an hour.

During Disk Firmware upgradation, its better not to perform any other activity.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

FYI, SSSU and CommandView both "talk" to the same Windows service. IF there is an SSSU command to initiate the update, the duration would be the same.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

From what I can see, with SSSU you explicitly have to load each disk drive individually with the correct file. You could prepare the commands in a text file and then CUT&PASTE a few lines into the CMD window. After that you can do another task or continue with the next couple of disk drives. I have tried it once (with one disk at a time, though) and it worked fine.