HPE EVA Storage
1748195 Members
3142 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVAPerf 9.2 and evaperf-tlviz-format 9.2 *still* says data wasn't EVAPerf 9.0 format

Chris Rasmussen [FAU]
Frequent Advisor

EVAPerf 9.2 and evaperf-tlviz-format 9.2 *still* says data wasn't EVAPerf 9.0 format

Hi all,

I've just upgraded all our SMAs to CV EVA 9.2 in the hope that evaperf-tlviz-format would stop throwing that stupid error that says:

***Done with Errors... Input file may not have been from EVAPERF 9.0 or not in correct format, some files may not contain valid data

Well, no kidding. The data wasn't generated with EVAPERF 9.0, it was generated with EVAPERF 9.2 and I tried to format it with evaperf-tlviz-format 9.2 ... and yet this error still persists.

Why??? :(
4 REPLIES 4
dbblackdiamond

Re: EVAPerf 9.2 and evaperf-tlviz-format 9.2 *still* says data wasn't EVAPerf 9.0 format

Hi,

I am having the exact issue as Chris is describing above. Any idea???

Thanks a lot in advance,
Bertrand.
LARRY FUTCH
Occasional Contributor

Re: EVAPerf 9.2 and evaperf-tlviz-format 9.2 *still* says data wasn't EVAPerf 9.0 format

I'm running 9.1 still but I can get around the "Done with errors" thing by making sure the command line is as follows:

evaperf all -cont 15 -dur 300 -sz 5000-1FE1-5011-xxxx -csv > eva_perf.txt

Be sure to personalize the WWN for your particular EVA and the -dur for however long you wish to collect the data.

I still have another problem with it because when it goes to generate the Host Stat file it gives a "Run-time error 457". I haven't found a solution to that one anywhere yet though.
storageguy

I have the same runtime error that Larry is experiencing. Does anyone have a work around?
c84nks

I logged a call for the 457 error and got sent this response - doesn't seem to be generally published.
--------------------------------------

HP StorageWorks Command View EVA Software - Tlviz Formatter from CV 9.1 While Formatting Reports "Run-Time Error : 457"

Issue

Tlviz Formatter from CV 9.1 while formatting reports "Run-Time Error : 457"

when evaperf collected with friendly names.

Evaperf command using friendly names
evaperf all ├в cont 15 -dur 3600 -sz ├в csv -ts2 > Arrayname.CSV

When the evaperf collected using non friendly names the formater works fine.

Evaperf command with out using friendly names
evaperf all -nfn ├в cont 15 -dur 3600 -sz ├в csv -ts2 > Arrayname.CSV

Below is the screen shot of the error.

Solution

The above Run time error is a known issue and has been fixed in Cv 9.2.

Following is the from release notes.

The following fixes have been implemented in HP Command View EVAPerf 9.2:

├в ┬в Run time error with Tlviz Formatter├в The problem with an undefined port in the evaperf hc command causing a run time error in TLVIZ Formatter has been fixed.

├в ┬в Assertion failed popup in perfmon├в The occasional assertion failed error when trying to add HP Command View EVAPerf counters in Perfmon has been fixed.

├в ┬в Friendly names in host connection data of evaperf mof output├в evaperf mof output for host connections will have the friendly names for the hosts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------