1748242 Members
4059 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Email SNMP notifications from Command View

Michael_505
Occasional Contributor

Email SNMP notifications from Command View

We have several EVA8100's and EVA8400"s which are sending messages such as this:

****This is an automated message.  Do not reply****

An alarm has occurred on EVA storage system: EVAXXX WWN: 5000-1FE1-501E-XXXX

Alarm type: Hardware condition change

Alarm description: Event Code: 0e870019 - 0," The status of battery assembly '1' has changed.");

I have disabled that event code in the SNMP configuration on each eva but we still get them for multiple eva's.

7 REPLIES 7
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Do you have a SIM server running?  Sim might be configured to send out alerts.

Can you post the header of the message?

Steven

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Michael_505
Occasional Contributor

The messages are generated bypassing SIM. In CmdView, clicking on the particular eva Option tab, under SNMP alert configuration, you can select which events should generate emails to those who have been added under the email section. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of the battery messages. They come directly from the CmdView server.

SIM/IRS is installed and usually works, but the customer wanted direct emails from the CmdView server in case the SIM server was unavailable/not working so they would know when to be looking for service calls. this is one of four emails this morning:

****This is an automated message.  Do not reply****

An alarm has occurred on EVA storage system: EVAxxxx WWN: 5000-1FE1-501E-xxxx

Alarm type: Hardware condition change

Alarm description: Event Code: 0e830019 - 0," The status of battery assembly '0' has changed.");

I 'xxxx'd the wwid and system name..

Thanks for any hints...

chjones_
Advisor

We are receiving the same emails after turning on email alerts from with Command View 9.4 (HP call it 9.4 but the actual version number is 9.0.4 according to the login webpage).

Has anyone worked out why these alerts are generated? In Command View the health status of the EVA is reported as normal.

Michael_505
Occasional Contributor

It was explained to me by L2 that there is no way to filter the email alerts, you get all alerts or none. The filters that are set in the SNMP settings aren't related to the emails that are sent.

NasaDave
Advisor

We get the same message multiple times a day on our EVA 6100.

Support stated the all or none option as well.

What I would like to know is; if I create an email filter to ignore this message, will it also ignore valid battery alerts?

pgwglass
Established Member

We too got the battery messages frequently, even the disk failed the message is not much descriptive, it 's say like

Alarm description: Event Code: 094b000e - 0," A Volume was removed from a LDAD."); ==== On older firmware/cv software/IRS tool we got very descriptive message like  HP SEA: HW component failure: EVA8100: Disk drive proactive replacement recommended: Rack: 0,Enclosure: 12,Bay: 14, System Event Analyzer Detected Fault ---  What to do for getting accurate  messages.

Server-Support
Super Advisor

yes please,

is there any fix for this false alarm or this is expected behaviour in the HP EVA email alert ?

Best regards,