Storage Area Networks (SAN) - Enterprise
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ISL License

Go to Solution
Regular Advisor

ISL License

Hi, We purchased new AM868A full fabric san switches 16 port enabled, can any one confirm us, do we need to get any additional license for ISL between C7000 san switches?



Honored Contributor

Re: ISL License

[ Edited ]



your switches will need to have a 'Fabric License'. You can see if your switches have this by typing 'licenseshow' in the CLI.


But, the 'Full Fabric' switch should have the Fabric License.


These 16 ports that you have enabled, are they only the internal ports (cu) or also external ports (id)? You'll need external ports (listed as id in switchshow when they have an SFP installed) to ISL.


'trunking license' might be nice to have too.


Are you going to connect two switches in the same C-Class? Why?

Regular Advisor

Re: ISL License

Thank you for reply, yesterday we got successfully connected two switches.

Actually we have 1 pair of external switches B-series 8/24 which is connected with EVA4400, now we need to connect these switches with C7000 enclosure for assign spaces.



Honored Contributor

Re: ISL License

That's great :)


Don't forget to set the post as solved / click on the kudos star as appropriate.