HPE EVA Storage
1752290 Members
5100 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA1000 - overlapping arrays - have read the previous threads, but...

MSA1000 - overlapping arrays - have read the previous threads, but...

Hello,

I have read all the threads regarding this issue here, but still am a bit undecided on what to do, as deleting the config is not yet an option...
The original config was 10disks in R6 ArrayA, volumes 0-7; 3disks in R5 ArrayB - volume 8; 1 disk spare.
We have deleted the Array B and Volume 8 and expanded the Array A with the newly available 3 drives - And now we are in the overlapping arrays situation, unmanageable in ACU etc. etc.

the MSA is serving a single cluster, but mission critical and volume 0 is the quorum.

any hints on what to do? I am attaching the show tech_supp output.

thanks for any help, regards, Vlad
2 REPLIES 2
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA1000 - overlapping arrays - have read the previous threads, but...

have you removed the disk from clusteradmin?
probably one of the OS'es still allocates the old volume.
the old array will not be completely deleted while it is still accessed.

hth
Pieter

Re: MSA1000 - overlapping arrays - have read the previous threads, but...

hello,

yes, I have deleted the OS side of the volume config (for volume 8) before deleting it. Then I deleted the array B this volume has been using, and repurposed the three available drives as expansion for Array A. and now it looks like the first three volumes are expanded across all 13 disks, the next volumes only across the original 10 disks. ACU does not connect, and in ACU CLI I see two Arrays, A and B, one holding the first three volumes and the other holding the remaining volumes.
I guess I will have to move the quorum (volume 0) to another disk array, delete volume 0,1,2, which then should delete the wrongly configured array, and recreate them later. Am I right?

thanks for any suggestions, Vlad