HPE EVA Storage
1752657 Members
5581 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Secure Path 4.0c and Windows Server 2003 in Spanish

Secure Path 4.0c and Windows Server 2003 in Spanish

oes anybody knows if there is an issue or problems installing securepath in Windows server 2003 in ither languages other than english?

I have a Proliant DL740 with Windows Server 2003 in Spanish and 2 Agilent HBAs installed. The installation of Secure Path has no errors, but when I try to set up the password, i have an error message saying that one file cannot be found. I cannot configure secure path with CLI nor with Secure Path Manager.
The default path for installing programs is "C:\Archivos de programa" instead of "C:\Program Files". I already uninstalled an reinstalled the product using both paths, but without success.
I will appreciate any help, because that server is my main database server and it is having performance issues, some related with hard disk, due to securepath failovers.
8 REPLIES 8
Richard Perez
Valued Contributor

Carlos
I have installed Securepath on spanish Windows and, like you, spmgr didn't work. That is because spmgr expects the files are on "Program Files" not on "Archivos de Programa". I have installed on "Archivos de Programa" and then copied the Securepath directory to "Program Files", which has resolved the issue.

Regards

PS: If it is possible, change your Windows and SQL to English

I already did the copy of the directory. In fact it was my first idea, but it didn't work. The message I get when I try to save the password is "AgentConfiguration File Error. A failure in saving the password was encountered!"
When I try to access after the first error message, I get another, saying "Create AgentConfiguration File Error. Failed to create SecurePathAgent.cfg file"
Richard Perez
Valued Contributor

In my installation I setup the password using command line, not GUI

Well, still not working, even using command line. Could you tell me the full path? I'm using "C:\Program Files\Compaq\SecurePath", I also tried with "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SecurePath", but without results.

Thanks
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

The full path to spmgr on my working (English) installation of SecurePath is
C:\Program Files\Compaq\SecurePath\SPMgr\spmgr.exe

Still not working, even if I add the program path to the path environment variable. Any other idea?
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Did you copy all the subfolders to SecurePath when you copied things over to "Program Files"? I have seven subfolders:

Agent
Hsservice
PKHSGCCL
SPDriver
SPMgr
SPMgr64
SPUtil

Yes, I copied all folders and subfolders. I also did a verification of the files including, size, protection, etc. I checked also user permissions on each folder, and i have full acces to all files.