New Discussion юеВ

Setting up DR lun SAN to SAN Replication please help

SOLVED
Go to solution
happygrl
Advisor

Setting up DR lun SAN to SAN Replication please help

Hi,

I am trying to set up DR replication of a lun from our one HP EVA 4400 san to our 2nd HP EVA 4400 located a state away. I have a MPX100b and MPX110 set up on both sides with fcip routes configured between the 2. When I go in to Command View 10.3 to set up a DR Replication group it tells me, "Operation Failed, The local storage system has no available paths to the remote storage system". I check my Data Replication folder and status for Remote System connection is "No Paths".

How can I set up the paths between the 2 EVA 4400's? What am I missing that I need to do? Of course I'm on a serious time crunch. Please help, thank you!

hp operation failed.GIFhp remote system connection2.GIF

2 REPLIES 2
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Re: Setting up DR lun SAN to SAN Replication please help

Hi

I don't remember the exact screen but in the data replication you have to setup the

communication path and the default is not fiber.

from SSSU command guide

SET DR_PROTOCOL

The SET DR_PROTOCOLcommand starts remote data replication using one of the following protocol options, depending on whether you have a Fibre Channel or SCSI connection. Syntax

SET DR_PROTOCOLdr_protocol_name Options

HP FC Data Replication ProtocolтАФRequires in-order delivery of all FC frames between the source and the destination. HPCA HP SCSI FC Compliant Data Replication ProtocolтАФSupports fabrics configured for either port-based or exchange-based routing. SCSIFC Either of the two protocolsтАФFacilitates data migration between storage systems and requires in-order delivery of all FC frames between the source and the destination.

EITHER NOTE:

SCSIFC is the default value for storage systems with controller software version XCS 09520000 or later. All other storage systems with earlier versions will default to HPCA.

Regards

if this helps give a Kudo

happygrl
Advisor
Solution

Re: Setting up DR lun SAN to SAN Replication please help

Solution: the issue was my MPX110 FCIP switch was not working. This was my long distance ISL connecting my one HP EVA SAN to the other in different states. Once I replaced the MPX110 switch, configured it properly, my brocades merged in to the same fabric and my Data Replication Connection status was now Good.