108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Snapclone historic

Rx 3660 with Oracle 10.
Occasional Contributor

Snapclone historic

Hi,

Hello,
I want to maintain the historical past of a 15-day lun, how can I set scripts rsm to do this automatically?
2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Bernardo
Advisor

Re: Snapclone historic

you want to make a snap every day and store 15 snaps and delete older snaps automaticaly?

is a very hard script, what backup software you use? not can make it for you?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Snapclone historic

Well, if RSM just provided the control & launch mechanism, in addition to launching commands to prepare the disk for snapping, it could launch an SSSU script. A Windows .bat file running SSSU could possibly change a variable for the changing snap names, and also delete the appropriate old snap.
As far as I know, RSM has no internal mechanism for tracking multiple instances of a snap for a vdisk.

Don't forget to APPLY YOUR POINTS! You have assigned points to 0 of 4 responses.

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

Points should be applied to EVERY MESSAGE in the thread of your question that has "Unassigned" next to the date and time. The button to apply is on the bottom of the page.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo