New Discussion

Re: UPS Graceful Shutdown of EVA5000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Naime
Honored Contributor

Uwe:

This really depends on what your management and facilities folks want to do.

This is why we have our own power sub-station that is fed by 2 different power companies, and there are 4 Diesel Generators outside our facility. Testing and maintenance of everything is a critical factor in maintaining 100% power and environmental uptime. Even during a blackout situation!

I'm not Planning on ever having to shutdown my EVA's because of power or environmental issues.

If you service the Cache batteries when the system tells you (HSG and EVA) and you implement for NOT having to shutdown your systems. You should never NEED to use the cache battery function!

Derek:

Here is a good one I learned last month. Make you EMC storage system go through three power cycles in a short timeframe (less than one hour).... Your cache is toast! OR, loose a cache module. (Pull it) and the entire system is down.

Mike Naime
VMS SAN mechanic
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Mike,
I agree, but please realize that your situation is nowhere representative for most users/ administrators. Many shops are much, much smaller than yours. I have seen quite a number of companies now where there isn't even a console cable at the HSG80s!

Enjoy your luxury ;-)