Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linux Host discovery using non-default port

Trusted Contributor

Linux Host discovery using non-default port

Hello Team, Iam trying to discover a Linux hosts on non-default SSH port as port 22 is not allowed by security team in my environment. For this I entered IP Address:port in the Discovery address field. But it is ended with the below error in Discovery Logs, Could anybody suggest please ? Error XMLERROR while grabbing data from namespace root/pg_interop 0 devices found in root/pg_interop namespace interop[FAIL] Error XMLERROR while grabbing data from namespace interop 0 devices found in interop namespace root/cimv2[FAIL] Error XMLERROR while grabbing data from namespace root/cimv2 0 devices found in root/cimv2 namespace root/pg_interop[FAIL] Error XMLERROR while grabbing data from namespace root/pg_interop 0 devices found in root/pg_interop namespace interop[FAIL] Error XMLERROR while grabbing data from namespace interop 0 devices found in interop namespace root/cimv2[FAIL] Error XMLERROR while grabbing data from namespace root/cimv2 0 devices found in root/cimv2 namespace [ 2016-07-21 17:07:43] INFO The following ports did NOT respond for IP Address. If you expected them to respond -- please check that the remote agent is functional 22 used by [LinuxInternalHost] The following ports DID respond 7641 used by null [2016-07-21 17:07:43] INFO WBEM_COLLECTOR: Discovery complete: No supported devices were found.
1 REPLY
HPE Expert

Re: Linux Host discovery using non-default port

Hello Hari,

In reviewing your log entry, it appears that you are not specifying the Linux Agentless Discovery Hint but that it is trying everything.  When I looked at a Linux system within my environment, it has the following log entry during the discovery:

WBEM_COLLECTOR: Discovery complete: WBEM_COLLECTOR: These devices were found
redhat1.company.com Linux - Agentless @redhat1.company.com/redhat1.company.com

You are performing the steps correctly as documented within the SOM 10.10 Users Guide.  I suggest that you change the "Discovery Hint" to "Linux - Agentless" and try again.

If it continues to fail, then I would suggest that you open a support case and provide an updated set of the SOM log files using the somgathersupportinfo.ovpl command.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event