Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PATH of pasword encription file in SOM10.10

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Trusted Contributor

PATH of pasword encription file in SOM10.10

Dear Team, Please help me to locate password encription file in SOM10.10 Windows. I tired to get the PATH, Is the below one correct ? D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\nmsas\NNM\conf\nms-auth-confg It is required for my security team to know the password encription file location of SOM users.
6 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: PATH of pasword encription file in SOM10.10

Hello Hari,

The file containing the encrypted password for the "system" user is the nms-users.properties file.

This is located within the following directory on Windows.

C:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\nmsas\NNM\conf\props

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Trusted Contributor

Hi Mark, Good day. I don't see the nms-users.properties file in the PATH you have mentioned. Instead, I found it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\newconfig\HPOvNnmAS\nmsas \conf\props PATH. It has system account password encripted, In the same path db account password is also encripted. I am also looking for the password encription file with the users I created in SOM. Thanks, Hari
Trusted Contributor

Hi Mark, In addition to the previous requested information, Please let me know the PATH of the password encrypted file for the user credentials that we mention in the 'Discovery Credentials' Field in Configuration Tab. Thanks, Hari
HPE Expert

Hello Hari,

Yes, you are correct.  Sorry, I knew the file name and found it on Linux.  Then I did a Windows search for it and didn't wait for the search to complete.  On my system, that file existed in two places.

The situation is that this information is not documented anywhere and would require having engineering look at the code in order to be 100% certain of the location.  My efforts are a guess based on some information that I am able to find in different scripts, etc.

The location that you specified is valid for Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\newconfig\HPOvNnmAS\nmsas\conf\props

I don't know the "newconfig" path indicates a fresh install where the passwords have not been modified or not.

When I look at the following directory, I see the modification date/time for the file as last year (11/2/2015).

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\newconfig\HPOvNnmAS\nmsas\conf\props

When I look at the original directory that I referenced, I see the modificaiton time matches the installation time (2/11/2016).

C:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\nmsas\NNM\conf\props

It appears that the nms-db-login.properties file contains the password for the embedded PostgreSQL database.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
HPE Expert

Hello Hari,

The 'Discovery Credentials' field within the Configuration Tab is not within a file.  That is contained within the embedded database and is within a table in the database.  That database tables, etc. are within the following location, by default, on Windows.

C:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\databases\Postgres

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
Trusted Contributor

Hi Mark, Thank you for the information provided, It is helpful.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event