Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Optimizer - Linking Storage system volume to managing EVA Controller

Occasional Advisor

Report Optimizer - Linking Storage system volume to managing EVA Controller

Hi,

Apologies if this isnt the correct forum for this topic but does anyone know if there is a way to find out which EVA Controller (storage system processor) is managing /the preferred path of a volume using Report Optimizer?

we would find this useful as a means of balancing our EVA's

Cheers ,

Cormac

2 REPLIES

Re: Report Optimizer - Linking Storage system volume to managing EVA Controller

There are a number of pre-defined Storage Reports in RO. Too many to list here.

The RO Quick Start Guide lists all of the reports RO has to offer out of the box.

There are also a number of EVA array related ones.  It's possible you could find one tht shows this info. If not you would have to create one.

Check out the guide for more info.

Re: Report Optimizer - Linking Storage system volume to managing EVA Controller

Hi Cormac,

I have looked in Report Optimizer 9.5.1 & 9.6.1 and while there is a "Storage System / Storage System Volumes / Controller Name" object listed, it is blank for EVA volumes.

To see if the data is actually available via SMI-S, I used mofexplorer to query the EVA volumes using the command below.

mofexplorer -h https://<CV EVA Server>:5989 -n root/eva  -l <user>:<passwd> HPEVA_StorageVolume > mof_EVA.log

In the output file, for each EVA volume it will list the active controller as in the line below.

OnlineController = "Controller B.<encoded controller UUID>";

This confirms that the data is available, but that it is not being pulled into SE / RO.  I would suggest raising a case to confirm this and ask for an enhancement request to be raised.

If you get a java error, you may need to run this first before the mofexplorer command:

set PATH=%JBOSS_DIST%\server\appiq\remoteScripts\perl\bin;%PATH%

Regards,

David