Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

(SOM) Support Tip: How do you remove an old OBR or Reporting server from your SOM configuration?

HPE Expert

(SOM) Support Tip: How do you remove an old OBR or Reporting server from your SOM configuration?

Hello SOM Community,

Today I'm sharing a practical support tip if you happen to be moving or migrating your SOM Reporter (OBR) server from one system to another.  There could be any number of situations where this could be occurring.

• Original OBR server was for PoC and a new/different server will be used going forward.
  • Original OBR server is being decommissioned and a new server is being created.
  • There is a Server name, IP Address or DNS change.

Whatever the reason, the challenge is that the OBR or SOM Reporter server is tracked within the SOM database.  It continues to attempt to send the csv files to this wrong or no longer present server.  This will be seen most often when you are configuring a new Reporting server configuration.  How do you fix this problem?

Let me introduce you to a new option to the somdatatransfercertconfig.ovpl command that was introduced with SOM 10.10.

There is a "-removeremoteserver" option with this command that allows you to remove an old or incorrect OBR server entry from the SOM Server database.

somdatatransfercertconfig.ovpl -removeremoteserver <Server/IP> 

Example:
somdatatransfercertconfig.ovpl -removeremoteserver 10.10.10.21

where the IP address 10.10.10.21 is the IP address of the old or no longer existent OBR or SOM Reporter server.

After this command is run, the old server entry should be gone.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Good luck with your SOM environments!

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
1 REPLY
Trusted Contributor

Re: (SOM) Support Tip: How do you remove an old OBR or Reporting server from your SOM configuration

Hi Mark, Thanks for this support tip, It will be usefull for most of the cases of SOM reporting server changes in the environment. Regards, Hari
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event