Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

(SOM) Support Tip: SOM Data Collection Status is showing as 'Running' when it is not running.

HPE Expert

(SOM) Support Tip: SOM Data Collection Status is showing as 'Running' when it is not running.

Hello SOM Community,

There is a knowledge article that was created recently to help with a strange situation that can occur with SOM 10.10 and earlier.

Storage Operations Manager (SOM) schedules Data Collections based on a data freshness duration.  It does not start at a specific time but may start at different times.

During normal maintenance windows SOM may be shutdown when a Data Collection is actively running.  This does not cause any problems with data consistency due to the use of a staging area that is used.  Only when the Data Collection is complete will the information be added to the SOM database.

If SOM 10.10 or earlier is stopped (Ex. ovstop) or the server rebooted when a Data Collection is running, the Data Collection status may still show as "Running" after the services are started again.  The Data Collection is not "Running' so this is not a correct status.

This is a known issue and it is corrected within SOM 10.20.

For SOM 10.10 or earlier, the issue is corrected by manually performing a data collection.  This will change the corresponding state associated with the Data Collection process for that specific element.

More information can be found within the following Knowledge Article:
KM02539940 - Storage Operations Manager Data Collection Status is showing as 'Running' when it is not running.
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM02539940

I hope that this information is helpful.

Good luck with your SOM environments and have a great weekend!

Regards,

Mark Butler

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
4 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: (SOM) Support Tip: SOM Data Collection Status is showing as 'Running' when it is not running.

Hi Mark,

Yeas, In my environment also, I faced this issue, good support tip.

Moreover, we have a plan to upgrade SOM to 10.20 in this month.

Thanks,

Hari

Advisor

Re: (SOM) Support Tip: SOM Data Collection Status is showing as 'Running' when it is not running.

Hello Mark , I am running SOM 10.20 and I think this issue is still there. Data collection is still running but as per logs , collection is completed. [2016-09-19 11:53:39] INFO Device Collection Completed Successfully [2016-09-19 11:53:41] INFO C&C-->\se_direct_collector:StageStorageSystem.creationclassname="StorageSystem",Model="FAS2040",SerialNumber="700000665624" {I: 494, U: 0, I: 493, [2016-09-19 11:53:41] INFO cNc Transfer Completed Successfully [2016-09-19 11:53:41] INFO Data collection from the device has FINISHED... Data will be shown in the UI after successful completion of post-processing.
HPE Expert

Hello Tejendra,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see your comment until now.

I was told by engineering that it has been fixed and they provided me a screenshot.  If you are still encountering the problem, then I suggest you open a support case so that it can be addressed.

Thanks,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Advisor

Thanks mark.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event