Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SOM - uCMDB Integration details

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Trusted Contributor

SOM - uCMDB Integration details

Hello Team, I am planning to integrate SOM with uCMDB. With the help of integration document, I see it required HTTP(S) port communication. Pleae confirm, it requires only 5989 port or any other ports as well ? (Both SOM & uCMDB are in Windows environment) It seems, I need to download HP_SOM_Integration.zip and Storage_Basic.zip and deploy them on uCMDB. For this integration more configuration changes need to be do on uCMDB side than on SOM management server... Correct ? Thanks, Hari
4 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: SOM - uCMDB Integration details

Hello Hari,

Where did you get port 5989?  That is typically only for SMI-S communication, which is for device discovery.

The SOM - uCMDB uses REST APIs to communicate.  The uCMDB server configures a data probe and uses Rest APIs to request data, etc.  It is a one-way communication method, meaning that uCMDB pulls data from SOM and that SOM does not obtain any data from uCMDB.

Based on the information that I have, it uses port 443 as the default port.

I hope that this helps answer your question.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Trusted Contributor

Hi Mark, In the 'Enabling the Integration' section in SOM-uCMDB integration document I see below setup. In the Domains and Probes pane >Credentials tree, a. Choose WMI Protocol for SOM servers running Windows. *Select the HTTP Protocol, then the New icon to set protocol parameters. So thought the requirement of 5988 / 5989 port. Could you please check confirm the required ports please ? Thanks, Hari
HPE Expert

Hello Hari,

The uCMDB integration used the RESTFUL API interface to communicate with SOM.  This interface uses TCP port 443 for communication.

Ports 5988 and 5989 are used for SMI-S communications and are not used as part of this communication.

This is the only information that is currently available.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Trusted Contributor

Hi Mark, Thanks a lot for the useful information. Regards, Hari