Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Storage Essentials Reporting Unmapped

Occasional Visitor

Storage Essentials Reporting Unmapped

In several SE reports, including array utilization, there is a column reporting "unmapped". So far, I've been unable to get a sufficient explanation of "unmapped" from our HP reps. I have also not been able to figure it out on my own comparing numbers in CV, SE, and at the host level. Does anyone know what the numbers reported under "unmapped" represent? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Troy
4 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Storage Essentials Reporting Unmapped

WHat SE version are you using? Usually or in some rpts 'unmapped' is the quantity of luns not mapped. Have you pulled an FA report? That shows all the luns | hosts | etc. Your unmapped figure might be explained there.
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the response. SE 5.1 sp4. Initially I thought is was unmapped LUNs, but it doesn't match up with what I see in CV. However, we do have some Windows hosts that aren't being reported correctly in SE, so I'm currently investigating whether or not this contributes to the unmapped numbers.
Valued Contributor

ah a compateriat! I have a 5.1.4 instance as well. Missing host info is a problem for us as well. We have to go delete and rediscover routinely. But some our our problem may be that some hosts are running old agents.
Testing 6.0.4 now for deployment in Jan09.
Have you looked at SE5 sp5 and what it fixes?
Occasional Visitor

We're preparing to test sp5 and hoping to deploy by the end of the year. 6.x is a mid-2009 project.