Storage Essentials Practitioners Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Storage Essentials issues discovering EVA8000

Occasional Contributor

Storage Essentials issues discovering EVA8000

[ Edited ]

I just installed Storage Essentials Enterprise Edition 5.0.1 SP2. I have 2 EVA's in my environment an EVA4000 and an EVA8000. I ran discovery last night and it found the EVA4000 just fine and all attached hosts. It did not find my EVA8000 but it did find the hosts attached to the 8000 and Brocade switches. I looked through the user guide to make sure I wasn't missing aything and I couldn't find anything related to my problem.

Any help you could provide would be very helpful. One of the main reasons I bought the product was to manage my EVA environment and the 8000 is the one utilized the most in my network....of course that is the one it can't find.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. -Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Storage Essentials issues discovering EVA8000

What version of Command View EVA and SMI-S CIMOM do you have installed? Currently, CV-EVA 4.1 and SMI-S 4.1.6 are the latest versions supported by SE.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!
Occasional Contributor

I have Command View vers 5 and SIM version 5 service pack 4.
Occasional Contributor

I found out that an SMI-S provider had to be installed. The way the directions are written it states that the version of Command view that you are running has the proper providers, this works for the 4000 and 5000 but not the 8000.

You need to install the proper SMI-S provider for your version of Command View that you are running and re-run the discovery.

HP's documentation and support with Storage essentials is absolutley horrible. I spoke with 3 different techs about issues I was having and they were just baffled and offered little assistance.

Buyer beware...great product when it's running right but god forbid you need a little help here and there.