Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Storage Essentials!!

Advisor

Storage Essentials!!

[ Edited ]

Hi;
I have Storage Essentials v5.0 but I can not install the database correctly; when I begin the installation process I only install until step 5 after that; the wizard is closed and when I checked the Services; the OracleOraHome92TNSListener y
OracleServiceAPPIQ services were not installed.

I saw the log installation file; but I can not find the error. I attach this file.

Could some one help me please??
Thanks a lot!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Storage Essentials Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

18 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: Storage Essentials!!

Did you start with a clean, freshly installed system - W2K3 server SP1 and security patches? Was your network up and working and the name registered with DNS?

SE is usually sold with HP installation (highly recommended for first time)

Advisor

Hi Patti;

I installed it in a server with W2K3 with SP1 but I am not sure if the server has all security patches; today I am going to verify it and try to install it one more
time. If you know any specific patche that I need for installation, please let me know.

Maybe in the afternoon I say you what happend.

Thanks for your help!

Vianey
Advisor

Hi Patti;

I installed the SE 5.0 one more time in a clean and freshly system with win2003 SP1 and all security patches but I get the same results; I can not get the OracleOraHome92TNSListener and
OracleServiceAPPIQ services were created and running.

Do you have any idea what is happening??

Thanks!
Vianey
Super Advisor

yes, there is a problem with the patch

the patch is using a oracle921 service instead of oracle92 service so there is a need to rename the services dependency in the registry.

i'm not behind the system right now, but one services is dependable of this services and is pointing to the old ...92 services. so some renaming will do the trick.

and important is to NOT create a database at setup and offcourse to read the installation guide.
Looking for nice incentives? (www.kirsp.nl)
Advisor

Hi Fabian;

If I understand you; I have to install the patch for DB and after that rename the oracle921 to oracle92 service??

Super Advisor

After installation of the patch you have to check if the TNS services is using the correct depenencies.

If you look at your currentcontrolset (registry) you will see that there are 2 services entities. the 92 and 921 variant. One is empty and one is not.
Super Advisor

Also very important! do not use spaces in directory path's!

Advisor

Fabian I tried to install one more time the DB but I can not; I get the same problem in the installation process; I can not get the OracleOraHome92TNSListener and OracleServiceAPPIQ services.
I only get these services:
. OracleOraHome92Agent
â ¢ OracleOraHome92ClientCache
â ¢ OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerEncapsulator
â ¢ OracleOraHome92SNMPPeerMasterAgent

I do not know why the installation process is not correctly.
Advisor

I went back to check my notes, and I don't think those services actually got started on mine either. My notes say to take note of the current startup type of each of the servies and then change the startup type of all Oracle services to manual. The APPIQ one probably won't be there yet. You also have to set the startup for the Distributed Transaction Coordinator to manual before you reboot and install the patch.

After you install the DB, did you try to continue and apply the Oracle patch?

If that did not return an error, then continue with the Installation of the management server.
Advisor

Hi;

I installed one more time SE as Patti told me in the last message; I get install it "with errors apparently".

But I heard that it is necesary to install HP SIM 5.0 too for access to SE interface.

I can not access to SE v5.0 interface locally or from a Explorer page like in the SE v4.0???

And how I can know if I get install SE successfully before continuing with HP SIM installation??
Super Advisor

Installation Path:

Smartstart + Windows2003 + patches
Oracle (create no database!)
Oracle Patch (services @ manual before you apply the patch)
Ese5 (first!)
Sim5 (sim uses ese db)

Advisor

Sorry I wanted to say "that install SE 5.0 without errors apparently".

I would like to know if it is necesary to install HP SIM 5.0 too for access to SE 5.0 interface.

I can not access to SE v5.0 interface locally or from a Explorer page like in the SE v4.0???

And how I can know if I get install SE successfully before continuing with HP SIM installation??
Super Advisor

If you do it via SIM5, it's referring to

https://Eseserver.domain.nl:443/servlet.html?page=AppExplorer

if you select to go to ESE5
Advisor

I apologize if this requires a new thread, but I was just wondering if installing Storage Essentials 5.0 on the SMAIII is supported.

Thanks,
-Amy

Hello,
I just faced the same problem.
After installing Oracle (no database creation) I have no TNSListener and APPIQ service.
It is possible to install Oracle 9.2.06 patch.
But next step - installing Management Server fails. Reason: Oracle not correctly installed.
Anobody found sollution?
brgds
Advisor

Hi;

I can resolve this issues following the steps in this link; please be carefull to make the steps in order; check that your server has all features required for the installation.
I suggest reinstall the server but before, be sure that you eliminate all files, directories, entries in registry, etc of the past installation.

http://srmwiki.rose.hp.com/wiki/HP_Storage_Essentials

Regards,
vianey
Occasional Visitor

The link is dead :(

Can anybody post this "guide" here? It would be very useful for other users.
Advisor

Here is a doc that may help you to begin with the installation and clear the initials errors.

Regards,
vianey