Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Storage essential Perf pack configuration

Regular Advisor

Storage essential Perf pack configuration

Hello

I have an SE platform in version 9.5.1

We bought one performance license for EVA and one for XP.

I installed license in SE. Seems to be OK.

I have a question regarding adding perf data collection for an already discovered array (by example the EVA).

When I go to configuration/Performance, I only see the SE Server and the database perf collection is started).

I don’t see how to add some existing array …. and to setup for the a selected array some performance collectors

May be I missed one step ..

Do you have any idea on this ?

Thanks in advance

pat

2 REPLIES
Regular Advisor

Re: Storage essential Perf pack configuration

I finally found that this can be setup in the licensing configuration ..
so no wall is OK

pat
Frequent Advisor

Re: Storage essential Perf pack configuration

The Performance Pack/Performance Pack Enterprise Plug-in license must first be associated with a given storage system under the navigation Security > Licenses... Performance Licensing Tab.

For HP P6000/EVA, once the license is associated with an array, the associated collectors will be visible and can be started.

For HP P9000/XP, after associating the license, the managed host designated and configured as a performance proxy must be selected on the array poperties page, and then the performance collectors can be started.

After enabling the performance collectors, you can test "real-time" performance in Performance Manager or the Analytics tab for an array. Historical views will require some time to populate, as multiple data points will need to be collected first.

Performance details will be available in Report Optimizer after the next Report Cache Refresh (RCR) has completed.

Wiley Thrasher
Storage Management Expert
HP Storage TCE and Quality Tiger Team
WW L3 Pre-sales Support
Hewlett-Packard Company