Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Use SOM to monitor unsupported device

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Advisor

Use SOM to monitor unsupported device

Hi,

We have some switch and storage devices that out of support matrix, seems we have no way to extend SOM function to monitor such devices, am I right?

Can SOM revieve SNMP Trap from third part devices which out of discover scope? We tried but failed.

4 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Use SOM to monitor unsupported device

Hello,

It all depends on what you mean by not in the support matrix.

If they are older devices that are no longer listed but were at one time, then it may still work.

If these are devices that are not included and have never been included within the support matrix, then there is a process to submit an enhancement request to have it supported or added in a future release.  There is no way to add these devices to the existing version of the product without an enhancement request and an enhancement request escalation through your account team.

I'll just comment that it is very unlikely to be added.

To answer your other question, SOM cannot receive SNMP Traps from devices that are not discovered.  I may be mistaken, but I believe that it filters traps based on discovered devices.

I'm sorry that I did not have more positive answers.  I hope that this helps answer your question.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your clear explanation.

We need an enhancement request for our devices, do you know any official way to discuss this on company level? For example, do you know the mail of SOM product manager, is it "Kara McMillan"?

HPE Expert

Hello,

The proper process is to first submit an enhancement request for each separate device that you wish to be supported.  This is done by submitting a support case as Request Type 'Enhancement Request' rather than 'Product Technical Issue'.  Once the enhancement request is submitted, you should receive a enhancement request ID which starts with QCCR.  All enhancement requests are reviewed by product management.  You should be notified of any updates on it automatically by E-mail.

If you wish to have the enhancement request sooner than a future release, then you would need to open an enhancement request escalation and provide a business case/need for it to be sooner.  In order to do this, you take the QCCR number, work with your HPE Software Account or Sales Team and submit an Enhancement Request Escalation.

I hope that this helps answer your question.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
HPE SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark,

We see, and very appreciate for your help.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event