4408 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Commanf View Eva, SSSU and Systems Homepage 2

Joerg Fischer
Valued Contributor

Commanf View Eva, SSSU and Systems Homepage 2

Hi
How can help? I have an EVA5000. For the Management I use a DL360 with WIN2003. I have install Commandview EVA 4.1, SSSU, and Systems Management Homepage 2. I can start the commandview from the Menu of the management homepage. But if I would like to register with SSSU, I get the message: Username and password invalid. I set the password with "ElmSetup -pA:thepassword -f" and the SSSU works fine. But then, I can register no more at command view Eva. I reinstall Management Homepage and the SSSU work no more.

Joerg

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Commanf View Eva, SSSU and Systems Homepage 2

When I tried this I had the same result - a reboot of the management server after "elmsetup" fixed it for me.
Frantisek Kysela
Valued Contributor

Hi,
reboot isn't required. Adeguate action is restart HSV element manager service after elmsetup.

Frantisek
If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Frantisek, I know that is what the manual claims, but I assure you that a simple restart of the "HP Command View EVA" service did not enable full functionality for me. I could work with SSSU, but no longer access the CV GUI.
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

Just to confirm Uwe's statement. I just had the same problem. After running elmsetup, sssu worked and the CV GUI did not. I restarted the service a number of times. And then searched the forums for a solution. Found this thread, rebooted and all is well.

Thank you Uwe.