1753781 Members
7383 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Creating windows Shares on PSFS not using CIFS

Steve Flannery
Occasional Contributor

Creating windows Shares on PSFS not using CIFS

I am attempting to share a windows folder located on a PSFS mountpoint. I have shared the folder using Windows explorer on each node, added a Vhost. When I attempt to access the share using \\vhost name\share name it shows up, but I get an access denied message. I have confirmed share rights & NTFS rights. What am I missing?
4 REPLIES 4
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

is the CIFS solution pack loaded. THat is where you should be configuring the sharing.
macosta
Trusted Contributor

Sharing a filesystem or directory via CIFS without the CIFS Solution pack is not supported. You definitely need the Solution pack to ensure the share is set up correctly and uniformly across cluster nodes.

This is available using the Matrix Server Console application.
Steve Flannery
Occasional Contributor

The CIFS solutinon pack is not loaded. We are primarily using Polyserv for SQL. I wanted to create a shared folder where SSIS package information can be stored. Is it possible to set up the share without the CIFS solution pack.
Dan Tyndale
Advisor

You can setup normal Windows file shares, however, they do not failover and will not get you anywhere. Page 24 of HP PolyServe Software for Windows File Serving pdf "If Windows utilities are used to create the Virtual File Shares, they will not fail over." CIFS shares are very easy to setup. Take a look at the Manuals that apply to your version.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=3435148