Storage Software
1752576 Members
4624 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA Platform Kit - SSSU Config Help!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Zinky
Honored Contributor

EVA Platform Kit - SSSU Config Help!

I've installed SSSU on an HP-UX system in the home of doing command line management of our EVAs. When trying to connect to the SMA via the "select manager ... " and eventually "show system" commands, SSSU just complains of invalid username/password. I am sure I am providing the right San Management Appliance (SMA)username and password since I can connect via web.

Is there any additional configuration that needs to be done on the WIndows SMA/Command View side of things? The SSSU reference guide just mentions that the "password" is set on the appliance..

Anyone?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). - Hp Forum MOderator

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Nelson,

which username/password are you using? The one you use to log onto the appliance? (e.g. administrator/admin31K153) SSSU wants the password for Command View EVA, which uses the login details for the Web Management agents (default is administrator/administrator). When you're browsing normally on the appliance you never get asked for this. You just use the normal appliance login. But if you're using SSSU or configuring the proxy device for OVSAM, then you need it.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Stephen
Zinky
Honored Contributor

Thanks..
I figured that out as well..

Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy:
AMD Athlon II X6 1090T 6-core, 16GB RAM, 12TB ZFS RAIDZ-2 Storage. Linux Centos 5.6 running KVM Hypervisor. Virtual Machines: Ubuntu, Mint, Solaris 10, Windows 7 Professional, Windows XP Pro, Windows Server 2008R2, DOS 6.22, OpenFiler
Zinky
Honored Contributor

Found the clue in navigating the SMA GUI..
Hakuna Matata

Favourite Toy: