cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA4400 SSSU sessions - how many?

Walt Bowse
Occasional Advisor

EVA4400 SSSU sessions - how many?

Is there a limit of how many simultaneous SSSU sessions can be active on an EVA4400?

Thanks
5 REPLIES
Sheldon Smith
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA4400 SSSU sessions - how many?

Welcome to the Forums.

I am not aware of any limit to SSSU sessions. Likewise, I have not run into any limit with browser instances. But why *do* you want "that many"? As far as I know, certainly as far as I can tell empirically, the "HP Command View EVA" service on the management server is still _single-threaded_. So if you want to monitor what's going on (have a browser instance up) while SSSU is doing something, I would recommend *not* setting the SSSU Command_Delay any less than 3 seconds.

What are you trying to accomplish?

----------
If you think this message has been helpful, please assign points. I collect them (as do the other respondents here in the forums). Kind of like stamps.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!
Walt Bowse
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sheldon,

Thanks for the response. I work at HP Virtual Labs and we are the corporate center for virtual training. At the end of a class we must reset equipment to a known state. We use an automated processes where from 1 to 12 or more "pods" are simultaneously reset. One particular delivery we are putting online requires resetting the configuration on a single EVA for up to 12 pods using an SSSU script for each pod. We're having problems when we initiate resets for multiple pods.

Thanks
Sheldon Smith
Honored Contributor

So a single EVA is being shared by multiple student pods, correct?
It's one EVA; have a single SSSU session execute all the SSSU scripts after you've reset everything else.

If you can, you may also want to post this on the HP internal SANexperts forum: http://forums.know.hp.com/forums/postlist.php?Board=sanexperts

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
Walt Bowse
Occasional Advisor

Not so simple - for example, one class may use 6 of the 12 pods and start on Monday, another may use 3 pods and start on Tuesday, etc. So we can't just wipe the whole EVA without destroying class work. We need to be able to reset individual pods without disturbing other pods.
Sheldon Smith
Honored Contributor

You can still have multiple scripts, just run the ones you need:

SSSU "file reset-pod1.sssu.txt"
SSSU "file reset-pod2.sssu.txt"
SSSU "file reset-pod3.sssu.txt"
or even
SSSU "file reset-pod1.sssu.txt" "file reset-pod2.sssu.txt" "file reset-pod3.sssu.txt"

So, I'm assuming each reset script is basically the same. How about attaching one or two? May be able to give more advice.

----------