SOLVED
Go to solution
Bryan Rooney
Frequent Advisor

EVA8000 and sssu 6.0 w/ CommandView 6.0

O/S: HPUX 11.23 ia64
sssu: version 6.0
CommandView: version 6.0

I'm trying to login into CommandView via the sssu and am getting the following error:
# sssu
SSSU for HP StorageWorks Command View EVA
Version: 6.0
Build: 34
Manager:aspsmad1
Username:administrator
Password:
Error opening https connection
Press return to exit
#
I can access CommandView from the URL without issue, but all my sssu scripts have been broken since the change to CommandView 6.0 on the SMAD. The older version of sssu displays the follownig error:

# sssu_old
SSSU Build 8 for hp command view eva 3.1
NoSystemSelected> select manager aspsmad1 username=administrator password=administrator
NoSystemSelected> select system EVAIDX3
Error: EMClientAPITNG error ->
EMCLIENTAPI_SESSIONKEYNOTFOUND_ERROR : The server didn't return a valid session key.
NoSystemSelected>

I'm assuming the older version will not work with the newer version CommandView.
I can telnet to port 2372 on the SMAD successfully. I'm assuming the port is the same used by the SMAD URL:
https://aspsmad1:2372/command_view_eva

Anyone run into this error?
8 REPLIES 8
Bryan Rooney
Frequent Advisor

Re: EVA8000 and sssu 6.0 w/ CommandView 6.0

Found this in the manual:
Symptom: You open the utility and enter the manager, user name, and password, and the following error message appears:
Error opening https connection
Resolution: Check the following:
The manager, user name and password are correct.
The user name is a member of the HP Storage Admins or HP Storage Users group.
The HP Command View EVA service is running on the server to which the utility is communicating.
The current version of HP Command View EVA is running.
If the utility is running on another server, ping the server on which HP Command View EVA is installed.

All checks out except for the roup stuff.
Does any know where these are set:
HP Storage Admins or HP Storage Users group
Patti T
Advisor
Solution

You need to add these two new groups to the local groups on the server running command view. Then you need to add your users to this group.
When you log in, you use the same username/password you do to log into CV 6.0. This is different that the pre-CV 6.0 versions.

You probably already have these groups since you are able to log into CV.

EVAperf also changed to use these accounts rather than the administrator/administrator passwords.

Craig_83
Frequent Advisor

Bryan,

I ran into this issue too. I had to supply the actual password of the account I specified in the Username field.
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

sorry i have no solution, just the same error.

sssu do works under Windows, not with HP-UX.

Did anyone found the solution ?

Thanks in advance

Eric
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not sure if it's a solution but it may avoid using the administrator account which can cause issues.
So you could try;
Creating a local account (e.g. sssuadmin) on the CV EVA Server.
Adding this account to the Local HP Storage Admins group to allow CV EVA Access.
Using this account / password for the sssu scripting access.

This set up works here with no problems.
Toulouze Francis
Occasional Visitor

Hi all,

well Rob, we have already done that : Domain account or Local account, with no special provilege but part of HP Storage Admins' group.

It works well, from Windows XP, both with domain or local account. Nothing todo from HP-UX with the same accounts ... :-(((

And you said it work's fine for U ?

Eric

Bryan Rooney
Frequent Advisor

The SAN Admin person created a new user and password and made sure the new user was assigned to both user groups on the SMAD O/S. Once that was done the HPUX 6.0 SSSU could login successfully and I was able to to pull EVA data from the SMAD.
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

for other people who had met all requirements on the SMAD, but SSSU still doesn't work from HP-UX, the right answer is : install OpenSSL.

In my case, the HP-UX boxes I am working on were installed with HP-UX 11.11, on June 2003. I have installed December 2006's Patches Bundle : but SSSU did not work. Then I have installed OpenSSL : every thing is OK.

Hope this well help anybody

Eric