Storage Software
1753798 Members
7432 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Grabbing Command View control via SSSU, RSM?

McCready
Valued Contributor

Grabbing Command View control via SSSU, RSM?

I would like to know if there is any other way of grabbing control of an EVA from another management station without having to go into the Command View GUI. I would like to script something for my operations staff that would kick off a job under RSM without having to worry about which management server has control of the EVA.

The point of all this is for our operators to cut over the replicated copies of our disk infrastructure at our DR site for testing.

Thanks!
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Grabbing Command View control via SSSU, RSM?

Off-hand, I can't tell if RSM can transfer management ownership, but SSSU can do:

set system %CELL_NAME% manage
McCready
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the quick response - since you use the %CELL_NAME% syntax, I'm wondering if you can somehow prompt and set variables for use in SSSU scripts; for instance, I would like to prompt for the username and password, so my operators can enter that, and then specify those variables in the text file I pass to the "FILE" command.

If you can't use dos variables directly in scripts,I can at least accomplish my goals with the below

In a DOS .bat file
set /p evamgr="Please enter EVA manager system: "
set /p uname="Please enter username: "
echo off
set /p pword="Please enter password: "
echo on
sssu_v6_34 "select manager %EVAMGR% username=%UNAME% password=%PWORD%" "FILE test-manage-eva.txt"
c:
CD \Program Files\Internet Explorer\
iexplore http://evamgtserver:4096/

in the test-manage-eva.txt file:

select system THEEVA
set system THEEVA manage
ls vdisk

check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

No, one can't put placeholders in SSSU scripts, but as you have already shown, one can put multiple commands on a command line. Here is the original line:
-----
sssu.exe "set options command_delay=1" "file logon.txt" "select system %CELL_NAME%" "set system %CELL_NAME% manage" "ls system %CELL_NAME%"
-----