7578 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Management agents on polyserver?

jknightcs1
Advisor

HP Management agents on polyserver?

Hi,

We recently acquired two Polyserver servers running on DL380 G5's using red hat linux AS 4, 64-bit. We had some significant problems getting them to work, but after upgrading NIC drives and many other components, they're now working fine.

I now want to enable monitoring of these servers by installing the HP Management Home Page, HP System Health and Management Agents, and HP Array Diagnostics packages. However, we're a little nervous about this considering our difficulties with the polyservers before. Anyone else see a problem with doing this, or feel this is safe?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to Polyserve Solutions - Hp Forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Management agents on polyserver?

The system management agents should not interact with the polyserve software.

The polyserve software have a feature called notification where it can either send email or SNMP traps when somethng happens. This may be a option you want to use. IN addition if you have a network managent station the polyserve software actually has a bunch of mibs that you can use to monitor it. There is a mib file on the polyserve system you can load on a network management station.

In addition if you have a logfile or process monitor using Operations Manger or BMC patrole or something you can monitor processes or matrix.log file for error messages

Jonathan Collingridge
Occasional Advisor

I have the hp management agents installed on all of my polyserve nodes - they will cause no problems; as they have no interaction with the polyserve system, and as such are only useful for monitoring the physical node.

I'm also interested in SNMP monitoring - but I've found no information on the MIB for polyserve or HP CFS, other than in this post....

Where can we get hold of the polyserve MIBs for monitoring with SNMP?

Jonathan Collingridge
Occasional Advisor

Just answered my own question - SNMP is available in 3.6.1 - i'm still using polyserve 3.4.x