Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP SSSU in command prompt

Oktovianus
Frequent Advisor

HP SSSU in command prompt

Hi..
Does anyone know how to access the SSSU via Windows command prompt if it has no password on the system to login into the Command View 7.0?

Ex. :
Here are the command if the username and the password = "guest" :
"select manager ADSVR user=guest pass=guest " "sel sys Test28" "ls disk full" > C:\disk.txt
8 REPLIES
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SSSU in command prompt

Hi,

Can you explain exactly what you mean please...?

Having no password sounds to be a rather major security risk...

If your example command fails, what error does it give ?

Cheers,
Rob
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

hi;
you can use sssu as following;example administrator user,

cd C:\
cd SSSU
c:\SSSU>sssu
NoSystemSelected> select manager username=administrator password=administrator
NoSystemSelected> show system
Systems available on this Manager:
XXXXXXX

NoSystemSelected> select system XXXXXXX

regards,
mustafa
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

If I understand correctly, you are trying to run SSSU command without having username/password for the CommandViewEVA. That is surely not possible because what SSSU does is that it queries the EVA Storage Subsystem via CommandViewEVA. It is not possible to bypass the CVEVA because EVA doesn't respond to any other queries.

In a nutshell, you run SSSU to send instruction to CVEVA station (with authentication) and then CVEVA runs those queries to EVA subsystem and redirect the output to SSSU. Without having user/pass, you will not be able to do anything other than just query about how many EVA subsystems are being managed by CVEVA management station.

Hope that helps.
Oktovianus
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rob..
My example command runs well on a system that is in normal environment. Normal environment here refers to normal system manager, username, password, and system name. What I'm asking here is what if the system has no password to login? How does the command should be?
Thnx..

Hi Mustafa..
The system contain no password. And all I have to do if I'm using the SSSU is leave the password field on a blank and just press enter for the next phase (select the subsystem).
Note that I need to keep the configuration into a txt file and if I'm not wrong it couldn't be done on this SSSU except on the command prompt. CMIIW
Thnx..

Hi Amardeep..
Yours come close to my problem here. I have username on the system but it comes with no password. So, does it possible for me to do the authentication to the EVA storage subsystem via the command prompt? Note that I can do it via SSSU but not this command prompt thing.
Thnx..
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Hi, I tried here and cannot log in Command View or SSSU if the password for the user is blank.
Oktovianus
Frequent Advisor

Hi vcespon,

I don't find any difficulty to log into Command View 7.0 and SSSU without password.

So, has anyone ever tried to capture the configurations via this windows command prompt SSSU without password? (password doesn't exist in this user account)
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
one possible solution is to add another user (local) into the Storage admin user group with the password and check it via CVE and SSSU.
the pain is one part of the reality
Oktovianus
Frequent Advisor

Hi IBaltay,

I'm using more than one accounts for the Storage Admin user group but all of them contains no password and I get no permission to create a new user with any password attached on it.