Storage Software
1748159 Members
4036 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IS 4.1 final release

jefferys

IS 4.1 final release

Is 4.1 the final realease and will support for SQL server 2008 be coming? Anyone out there know for sure either way?
4 REPLIES 4
jefferys

I meant Sql Server 2008 R2 support?
Chris Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

I have been asking for this information for several months now with absolutely no information from HP.

It is really disheartening to see a company intentionally keeping its customers in the dark in this way......especially ones that would generally have a large input in server\storage roadmaps at their respective companies.
DonFerguson
Advisor

I have been told that the 4.1 final release notice previously in the release to customer letter (now pulled in current version) was related to another discontinued product and that SQL Server is still supported. While that is encouraging, it doesn't confirm that HP is actively working on a version of the MXDB utility that supports SQL 2008 R2 as well as future Microsoft SQL Server major releases. An official announcement from HP stating that they intend to continue to make improvements to the PolyServe software, is what is needed to belay current customer concern.
Chris Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

i wouldn't hold your breath.