1753285 Members
5327 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PolyServe Forum?

DonFerguson
Advisor

PolyServe Forum?

What is the best forum to use for PolyServe questions?
20 REPLIES 20
johnCatBE
Advisor

Don

When you find out please let me know!

or you tell me your woes and i mine.

We seem to be a little thin on the ground.

rgds John
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

If you hd to post a question, i'd probably use whatever forum it was pertaining to...

What OS is the cluster running? Linux? Windows? and is it a storage related problem?

Perhaps use both Linux/Storage and/or Windows/Storage forums when posting questions for the best coverage.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
johnCatBE
Advisor

My issue was mixed - the panic of wintel polysterve matrix nodes in a dual-fabric san when attached veritas netbackup media server tape device) (Sun L500 robots, sdlt600 tapes, is changed.

I posted on the storage/ tape library / tape devices forum, but it really is a very mixed san environment:

sun cluster, sun FCAL storage, HP EVA, Polyserve Matrix , CA, Vertias Netbackup 6.0 MP5 backups.
DonFerguson
Advisor

Steven thanks for the reply. Mostly I am looking for a place that is specific to PolyServe Matrix server. I would suggest that a forum dedicated to PolyServe be created.

While I don't currently have a specific issue to post right now, I do like the ability to see how other PolyServe users have resolved problems in the past.

Ok, here is a question. What is the best way to install and configure SQL Server 2005 Analysys Services on a Matrix for HA? I can't find anything about it in the documentation or the technical knowledge base.
johnCatBE
Advisor

I'd like to echo Don's comments over the creation of a Polyserve forum.

I'm sorry i can't comment over his point on analysis services as i've never done it.

My background is in unix/oracle clusters - new to Polyserve - and my perception is of a real paucity of in-depth knowledge - at least here in the UK.
Andrew Hodge
Occasional Advisor

I would also like to see a dedicated support forum.

Does anyone else find the HP website incredibly complex when trying to find resources related to PolyServe. I thought the ITRC would be the best place to come but the business support centre seems much better organised....

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=3435148
Andrew Hodge
Occasional Advisor

Just to revive this the 3.6.1 documentation has notes about hosting analysis services on polyserve.

Just cant find anywhere to download it in the IRTC at the moment
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
did you try to check also the following pls:
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/naswhitepapers.html
the pain is one part of the reality
Jonathan Collingridge
Occasional Advisor

I'd also like to see a polyserve forum, and maybe a dedicated mini-site for all information relating to polyserve.

I joined the very exclusive :) polyserve club 2 years ago, before HP bought PS, and there was a serious lack of knowledge of PS here in Australia, not a great deal has changed.

Although I'm sure there are polyserve experts in HP, accessing them and the information stuck in their brains is not as easy as it could be.