1752806 Members
5570 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PolyServe Forum?

EricSP
Advisor

I too believe that there should be a Ployserve forum.
EricSP
Advisor

I too believe that there should be a Polyserve forum.
DonFerguson
Advisor

I appreciate that I am not the only one the feels a need for this. So how about it HP? Can we have a PolyServe forum?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

There have not been many question in the storage sections so far (10? 20? at most). Why not use the, e.g. NAS or general category and see how many questions we get over the next 6 month.

Creating more and more forums for all kind of topics isn't the solution, beleive me. I have helped to manage a NOTES conference system for the DECUS Munich.
DonFerguson
Advisor

PolyServe covers more than just general storage. Most likely the reason there are not many PolyServe specific questions, is because there is not a PolyServe specific forum.

Having users post problems and other users provide solutions is what a forum is all about. But without a PolyServe specific forum, I find myself opening up trouble tickets instead.

Unfortunatly, trouble ticket resolutions, don't have the same visibility as forums do.
EricSP
Advisor

My specific PolyServe question has nothing to do with SAN, but everything to do with creating new SQL instances in PolyServe. It errors out on the 1st try, but succeeds if I try again. Does this mean I should find a SQL related forum?
PolyServe handles CIFS, SQL and Web.
I don't mean to gripe, but PolyServe is a bigger product than just SAN.
Respectfully,
Eric
PS- Am I blind or is there no way to do a search in these forums?
EricSP
Advisor

Ok, I;m blind, I found the search "hidden" at the top of the page... ;-)
DonFerguson
Advisor

Hi Eric. I agree. That's not really a NAS question. It is a PolyServe/SQL Server question.

Have you checked to see if there is anything about the error recorded in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG?
jknightcs1
Advisor

I'd like to echo this request; a polyserve forum would be much appreciated
BlackHawkEH!
Occasional Advisor

In total agreement!

PolyServe is a great product that needs a community supporting it.

Time for a PolyServe forum!
Binary: easy as 1, 10, 11