108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PolyServe roadmap?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brigitte A. Colbert
Occasional Contributor

I researched this & contacted professional services. The only 'upgrade' they have done is new installs. 3.6.2 & 4.0 cannot share the same set of disks, so yes, you have a new 4.0 server, but it can't access the old disks until all servers have been upgraded. I Would be very curious to see if anyone has unpresented PSFS LUNs from a Win2003 OS & represent to a Win2008 server. We just did a hardware refresh & decided to stay with Win2003 & 3.6.2, since the 'upgrade' to 4.0 is really a nuke & pave (and hopefully doesn't nuke your data). I am a big PolyServe proponent at our firm, but this 'upgrade' path is realistic.
BlackHawkEH!
Occasional Advisor

Our Client wants to move to SQL 2008. We are on PolyServe 3.6.1.

Any one have any 3.6.1 -> 3.6.2 stories to share? And the subsequent 2005 -> 2008 upgrade?

How about PolyServe 4.0 - doesn't look like it is an easy upgrade for a cluster :(
Binary: easy as 1, 10, 11
Brian Fitzgerald_1
Occasional Contributor

Well, Folks...

Looks like we have the final answer from HP. Version 4.1 for Windows just came out with the following in the release notes:

Please be aware though that this is the final
release of the product and there will not be any more feature enhancements in the
product going forward.

RIP PolyServe
fishmn
Regular Advisor

I've been looking through the 4.1 notes and guides and can't find anything supporting what you're saying. Where in the release does it say this is the final release?
Allan Harris

I also read the same version of the release notes as Brian Fitzgerald. After a day or so, this set of notes and the accompanying .isos were removed from the Software Update Manager for my profile. I have our sales reps looking into this; one of them thinks the isos were pulled due to a software issue, but nobody seems to be able to answer the question about the product lifecycle.

If anyone gets any info regarding whether PS for SQL is dead in 2013, please share.

Regards,
Allan