1748034 Members
5133 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Polyserve support

jknightcs1
Advisor

Polyserve support

I'm posting here to see if anyone else has had the problems we've had with polyserve support.
We've had to contact HP constantly for help with our Polyserve Linux cluster, and the experience has been abysmal, to say the least. It seems like we're only getting level 1 people who only know the basics and not how to solve more complex issues, and getting a level-2 person to talk to directly is nearly impossible. We've had such a bad experience with polyserve itself and the lack of good support that we've already decided to begin moving stuff back to our EMC Celerra.
Let me specify that I also did a training course for polyserve and had a good experience there. I'm only talking about when we call the 800 number for support or open a support case online.
Anyone else having a similar experience? If so, I think it would be good to use this space to show HP just how bad the situation has become.
6 REPLIES 6
Ed Barnum
Advisor

I'm sorry you're having such difficulty receiving support on Polyserve.

I would suggest the next time your support needs aren't being met that you request to speak with either the manager on duty or the Polyserve team manager for assistance in getting the technical support you require.
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

I submit my response center calls via the ITRC website. That way I am able to put as much detailed information in the call as possible. I put error messages, commands I executed. I put in a list of trobleshooting I already did so the response center engineer does not have to start from scratch. I find that gets me more detailed information and the engineer who contacts me has reviewed the call and has some new information for me.
kevin kramer_3
Occasional Contributor

I have had Polyserve Linux FS since the 2.x days. The polyserve integration into HP has been horribly received. Sometimes I call them and the person does not not what it is. At the very least there should be an ITRC area just for Polyserve. We are not alone.

Maybe we can start a wiki ourselves and a forum? anyone?

I'm having serious issues finding a good backup solution for my setup.
jknightcs1
Advisor

We've posted about creating a forum before, and there still doesn't appear to be anything (see http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1233524).

I think this is a good idea. Our particular company has had several problems with HP support over the past year or so, and despite our repeated complaints, they're still inconsistent at best.
Jason.Wilkening
Advisor

I have had 2 customers implement Polyserve as well and they have the same issues with support. If you guys start anything I am sure they would hop on board as well!
Tammy Lawson
Advisor

I have had some luck with HP Support with Polyserve. We have a 8-node SQL cluster on Windows 2003, using Polyserve 3.6. With any weird problems, I have ended up finding work arounds myself. Please let me know if there is in luck with the forum, as that is the one tough thing about this product - no information!
tammy dot lawson at sonoco dot com