1748128 Members
3542 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SQL Server 2005 enable clr doesn't seem to take effect

Charlotte Bentley
Occasional Advisor

SQL Server 2005 enable clr doesn't seem to take effect

I can't imagine any mechanism how PolyServe could affect this, but I am trying to run the script that creates CLR stored procedures for the DBA Dashboard, and I always get an error message with ".Net Framework code is disabled. Set 'clr enabled' configuration option." It is enabled. The same script on SQL Server 2008 on PolyServe runs fine. The same script on SQL Server 2005 outside of PolyServe runs fine. Anybody got a clue?
2 REPLIES 2
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

ARe these instances on the same node ?

For Polyserve and SQL 2005 unless it is on the same node it requires .net 2.0

For polyserve and SQL 2008 it requires .net 3.5

are you discussing the same cluster or comparing 2 different clusters. Seems some security settting you need to configure or it could be a sql 2005 setting in a database that was created by polyserve. IF you created the SQL instance 2005 in polyserve it may have that setting disabled and when you create a instance on a standalone 2005 instance your instance may have that security setting turned on.

Charlotte Bentley
Occasional Advisor

I suspect the .Net Framework is the key to my problem. It has been a month or so since I was working on this, but both 2.0 and 3.5 are installed on the server now. I don't know if it is possible for .Net to be installed but "disabled" as my error message said. Anyway, I went back to an instance I know had the problem before, and DBA Dashboard installed successfully, so I don't know what the problem really was.