108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SSSU ADD SNAPSHOT with dynamic date field name

SOLVED
Go to solution
mikewjohnston
Occasional Contributor

SSSU ADD SNAPSHOT with dynamic date field name

Does anyone out there know if it is possible to throw some kind of wildcard or use a date variable for snapshot scripting? If you select disks in RSM GUI and create snapshots or through commandview, you are given the option of using the creation date and time. I would like to use this in my scripts as well, but it appears that my only option is to manually name the snapshots. Considering the length of time it takes to delete the old snapshot, and if I want this to run daily, I would have to create a script that updates my script based on system time or something similar...Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

...If anyone has an example of how they accomplish this (if it is not natively available in SSSU), I would be forever in your debt if you post it.
3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: SSSU ADD SNAPSHOT with dynamic date field name

Sorry, no variables in SSSU. You need a master script that would in turn create the specific instances of the scripts to create and delete the snapshots.

As far as examples, it would depend on what OS(es) you have that can run the SSSU client.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

McCready
Valued Contributor
Solution

If using Windows/Dos scripting, you could start with something like this (filling in your own eva, manager, username, password of course!) - this is using a renamed sssu.exe that includes the version and build.

FOR /f "tokens=2 delims= " %%D in ('echo %DATE:/=%') do SET DATEN=%%D
echo %daten%
SET TESTF=\Hosts\\
echo %testf%
sssu_v6_34 "select manager evamgr u=admin p=password" "select system EVA01" "ls folder %testf%"
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group
McCready
Valued Contributor

Note the last line wrapped - and I don't need you to be in debt to me - but assigning a few points would be nice!
check out evamgt.wetpaint.com and evamgt google group