New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSSU SHOW command

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Whapshott
Frequent Advisor

SSSU SHOW command

Hi,

I cannot show host or use any show command when using SSSU?

Can someone point out where I am going wrong!

NoSystemSelected> select system "EVA1"
EVA1> ?
The options are:
ADD
CAPTURE
CLEAR
CODELOAD
DELETE
EMVERSION
EXERCISE_DISK
EXIT
FILE
FIND
HELP
LOCATE
LS
MOVE
PAUSE
REDISCOVER
REFRESH
RESTART
SELECT
SET
SHUTDOWN
EVA1> show host
^
Error: Syntax error at or near here

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). -HP Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor
Solution

it is an option of LS
> LS ?
Paul Whapshott
Frequent Advisor

Ok Thanks Luk,

So LS is SHOW. Is this an error in the EVA Reference Guide ? which says SHOW HOST ?!

Regards,

Paul
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Paul,

The syntax depends on the version of SSSU that you are using. And the SSSU version depends on the VCS version of your eva
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The SHOW command came first. Then the LS command was added, with some additional features like XML output. In the lastest versions of SSSU, the SHOW command has been removed.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Sounds like you need the current SSSU Command Reference manual. Check here to download the one for your version of SSSU:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=471497

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Tom O'Toole
Respected Contributor

Yes, they have been very cavalier about changing the commands and the output format of SSSU again and again, as different versions come out. This has been broken stuff I've written a few times. Unfortunately we don't have a spare SAN handy to test their new versions, so command view/EVA upgrades have been followed by a scramble to make sure critical functions work.
Can you imagine if we used PCs to manage our enterprise systems? ... oops.
Paul Whapshott
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the answer everyone. I will use the LS command and have now downloaded the latest manual for SSSU.

Regards,

Paul