Storage Software
1752815 Members
4114 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSSU, ScanMaster Passwords invalid

Daniel_242

SSSU, ScanMaster Passwords invalid

I have upgraded our SMA to a Gen'l Purpose server, running W2K3, and have joined it to our Active Directory Domain.CV is 4.1,Smartstart is 7.3, WEBES is 4.2.2 The sssu and Scanmaster programs no longer run. Have tried the elmsetup to reset PW but CV disappeared; rebooting the server didn't work either. Have tried all default PW's. Had to restore the server via backups. Our local HP-FE is stumped. ScanMaster did run prior to joining the server to our active directory domain. Any help or directions would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Daniel,

I have seen this problem. After resetting the password using elmsetup you may have to reboot the system (which you have done).

In such a scenario, I have found that some pre-requisites of the CV-EVA were not met, which caused CV to disappear. In my case, it was the java version and the browser version.

Yours may not be the exact problem necessarily but atleast I think that is the direction I would like to look if I were you.

With regards,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Also check this thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=998609

With regards,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude