HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Storage Software
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSSU Scripting of Multiple V-Disks to Initial DR Group Creation

cmoberly
Advisor

SSSU Scripting of Multiple V-Disks to Initial DR Group Creation

Hello,

I am writing some scripts for a customer to create approx 20 DR groups of about 10 copy sets each. I am using a different approach than normal and unfortunately do not have a test environment that I can use at this time. I can not seem to find any documentation that tells me whether I can have multiple "VDISK=" tags in the "ADD DR_GROUP" command line or whether I can run the "SET DR_GROUP" with the "ADD_VDISK" command during initial synchronization.

For example, would a command like this work:
----
ADD DR_GROUP "DR Group 01" VDISK= "\Virtual Disks\vdisk01" VDISK= "\Virtual Disks\vdisk02" DESTINATION_SYSTEM= "EVA02" DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP= "DG01" LOG_DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP= "DG02" LOG_SOURCE_DISK_GROUP= 300GB_group TARGETREDUNDANCY= "Vraid5"
----

Or, another approach - would putting the following commands in a single script and running them work? My worry is that the first line of the command would execute and the second would error out because normalization would be in progress.

---
#Line :1
ADD DR_GROUP "DR GROUP01" VDISK= "\Virtual Disks\vdisk01" DESTINATION_SYSTEM= "EVA02" DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP= "DG01" LOG_DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP= "DG02" LOG_SOURCE_DISK_GROUP= 300GB_group TARGETREDUNDANCY= "Vraid5"
#Line 2:
SET DR_GROUP "DR GROUP01" ADD_VDISK= "\Virtual Disks\vdisk02"
----

Thanks everyone. This is using two EVA 8x on 6110.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk Array to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: SSSU Scripting of Multiple V-Disks to Initial DR Group Creation

I haven't seen any hint that this could be a problem. While I, too, can't test it right now, I do have an SSSU capture from a data replication group with multiple copy-sets. I've change the names, but left the basic structure:
--
ADD DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" DESTINATION_SYSTEM="EVA1" LOG_DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP="\Disk Groups\DG01" LOG_SOURCE_DISK_GROUP="\Disk Groups\DG01" VDISK="\Virtual Disks\N1-Folder\N1_F\ACTIVE" DESTINATION_VDISK_NAME="\Virtual Disks\N1-Folder\N1_F\ACTIVE" DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP="\Disk Groups\DG01" TARGETREDUNDANCY=VRAID1
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" ADD_VDISK="\Virtual Disks\N1-Folder\N1_G\ACTIVE" DESTINATION_VDISK_NAME="\Virtual Disks\N1-Folder\N1_G\ACTIVE" DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP="\Disk Groups\DG01" TARGETREDUNDANCY=VRAID1
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" ADD_VDISK="\Virtual Disks\N1-Folder\N1_H\ACTIVE" DESTINATION_VDISK_NAME="\Virtual Disks\N1-Folder\N1_H\ACTIVE" DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP="\Disk Groups\DG01" TARGETREDUNDANCY=VRAID1
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" ADD_VDISK="\Virtual Disks\N1-Folder\N1_Q\ACTIVE" DESTINATION_VDISK_NAME="\Virtual Disks\N1-Folder\N1_Q\ACTIVE" DESTINATION_DISK_GROUP="\Disk Groups\DG01" TARGETREDUNDANCY=VRAID1
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" ACCESSMODE=DISABLE
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" COMMENT="note1"
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" WRITEMODE=SYNCHRONOUS
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" NOSUSPEND
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" MAX_LOG_SIZE=0
--
SET DR_GROUP "\Data Replication\DRG_N1" LINK_DOWN_AUTOSUSPEND=DISABLE
--

I'm fairly sure I have used the CV-EVA GUI to add copy-sets to data replication group that had synchronizing copy-sets and there was no problem. SSSU is just another interface.