108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SSSU Tutorial for EVA backup

SOLVED
Go to solution
jknightcs1
Advisor

SSSU Tutorial for EVA backup

Does anyone have a good tutorial on SSSU? I've never used it before, and among other things I want to use it to back up the configuration of our EVA SANs. Also, are there any other considerations for recovering from an EVA going down besides backing up the disks via backup software and the EVA configuration through SSSU?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). -HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The configuration capture is pretty easy. If you start SSSU, it immediately asks for the address of the management server and username/password.
Once you are connected to the agent on the management server, you select the EVA system, e.g.:

> select system EVA1

Then you can fetch the data:

> capture configuration EVA1-config.txt SAVE_ALL_WORLD_WIDE_LUN_NAME

Don't make configuration changes while the command runs!
jknightcs1
Advisor

Thanks!
If I want to script this out, do I basically just create a shell script and run those commands?
Also, anywhere that would have a good manual/tutorial?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, you can put those commands into a file and let SSSU execute it.
The command to connect to the agent looks like this:
> select manager NODENAME username=Administrator password=AdminPwd

The SSSU manual comes with the CV-EVA documentation. You should have a copy on CD, but here is a link to the current set:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual〈=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=471497

Enjoy.
jknightcs1
Advisor

Perfect. Thank you for your quick response!
SJO EGGER
Regular Advisor

>>> If I want to script this out, do I basically just create a shell script and run those commands? <<<
yes, no problem. i make once a week a backup of all storages over a cron job.

regard´s