5046 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SSSU command SET VDISK CHANGE_INTO_CONTAINER

Jess Goodman
Esteemed Contributor

SSSU command SET VDISK CHANGE_INTO_CONTAINER

P6300 array, SSSU V10.0.0 on either Windows XP x86 or OpenVMS IA64 V8.4

I am trying to script making snapclones of my virtual disks.   When I use the SET VDISK CHANGE_INTO_CONTAINER command for an old snapclone, the command returns immediately, but it seems to take some time before the container is ready to be used.  The script continues with SET VDISK PREPARE VDISK=  and then ADD COPY, but those commands fail with "Object not found :" and "Error cannot create object" respecitvely.

There is no WAIT_FOR_COMPLETION option for SET VDISK.  Using the PAUSE command I would have to pick an arbitary amount of time, so to sure that it was long enough  the script would have to waste a lot of time with every volume it copies.

What is the recommended way to reuse the space allocated by an old snapclone for a new snapclone?

And as an aside,  what exactly does the PREPARE VDISK option do?   My scripts seem to work with or without it, and as far as I can tell there is no equivalent operation under Command View.

Just noticed: The ADD COPY command does have the WAIT_FOR_COMPLETION option, but it does not work apparently.  Wazup with that?

J. Goodman

I have one, but it's personal.
1 REPLY 1
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Re: SSSU command SET VDISK CHANGE_INTO_CONTAINER

Not sure about that, but does work WAIT_UNTIL for you?

Regards,
Sebastian