108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSSU config capture

SOLVED
Go to solution
Edward143
Advisor

SSSU config capture

how to configure sssu config for the CV..

Manager:localhost
Username - administrator
password - xxxxxx
select system xxxxx
capture configuration

is the above commands are ok to capture the cv config??
or anyother commands to be run ??

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). -HP Forum Moderator

13 REPLIES 13
Edward143
Advisor

what is the best practises command for sssu..
ks6542
Valued Contributor

Well I dont think that is suficient..
I had attached the config capture script.. copy it at location where you have sssu.exe located and then open commad prmt ..
from there you need to run :

C/>sssux.exe "file get_config_sssu.txt" >output.txt

If you open config capture file you will see lot of sections ... if you dont want any particular,you can always comment it and save it..

You just need to fill these in capture file :Manager:localhost
Username - administrator
password - xxxxxx
select system xxxxx

and save it..
hope it helps..:)
ks6542
Valued Contributor

sorry little bit of mistake on avove..

C:\xxx\xxx>sssu.exe "file eva_capture.txt" > output.txt

its sssu.exe not sssux.exe :P
DogBytes
Valued Contributor

The "capture configuration" command builds the necessary scripts to rebuild your EVA. Unlike LS commands that show what you have, the capture configuration output is designed to recreate your storage system so I recommend having both. On my systems, I have a read only account (user in "HP Storage Users" group) and I store the credentials in a file for each EVA:

[c:\SANscripts\eva8000]:
select manager localhost username=sanadmin password=readonly
select system EVA8000
set options command_delay=5 display_time_on ! don't set command_delay too low on busy arrays

A secondary file called EVA8000_capture_config.cmd that runs from the windows scheduler (or crontab if you prefer) calls the above file:

[c:\SANscripts\EVA8000_capture_config.cmd]:
c:
cd C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Sanworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV
sssu "file c:\SANScripts\eva8000" "capture configuration eva8000.txt"

By calling the credentials file first, you have your password in only one place per EVA. Then you can build other collection scripts for the LS commands that ks6542 was refering to.

- R.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Edward, your original commands are fine. However, I suspect you want to have the configuration commands in a text file for subsequent re-use. Add a filename on the end of the "capture configuration" command:

Manager:localhost
Username - administrator
password - xxxxxx
select system xxxxx
capture configuration eva_xxxxx.txt

It will create one or more files named eva_xxxxx_step1a.txt (and possibly eva_xxxxx_step1b.txt, eva_xxxxx_step1c.txt and so on).

As others noted, the SSSU commands can be put in a file which can be used as input to SSSU.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Edward143
Advisor

i have copied the file to the sssu file location... Now how to run the SSSU.exe command ???

also i have editied the file for user name and password with EVA name as well.
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
It's in an earlier post I believe:

C/>sssu.exe "file get_config_sssu.txt" >output.txt

You need to run from the dos prompt and I would advise you to have the SSSU.exe and the file you wish to execute in the same directory. Specifying paths to other directories often fails in my experiance.

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Edward143
Advisor

i have copied the file sssu.txt to the same sssu.exe directory. But when i run command as "sssu.exe file get_config_sssu.txt >c:\output.txt ". it gives an error as invalid argument in the output file.

My file name is sssu.txt
Mark...
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

try this exactly, do not redirect to c drive

> sssu.exe "file get_config_sssu.txt" >output.txt

the output file will then be in the same dir as everything else. You will need to substitute the name of your file for the "get_config_sssu.txt" unless that is what you have called it? It may take a few mins to complete depending on what is in your script.

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...