New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSSU config capture

SOLVED
Go to solution
Edward143
Advisor

hi,
Thanks for help.now i can able to get the sssu output.
So what is the command to restore this configuration in case of disaster situations.

At disaster recovery i will be rebuilding the Command view manually installing. then how to restore this to cv???
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
To rebuild the EVA you would have to look at the output from the file you have captured so this requires lots on manual work and assumes that you understand the output in the file you have captured!

To save the config of the EVA then all you need to do is to start up SSSU, log onto your server and then use the "capture cofiguration" cmd within sssu. This will then generate between 1 and 5 files depending on the config of the EVA. If you have a basic config then it will create only one file. If you have a CA config then it will create between 4 to 5 files. I suspect that you have a basic config?
If you make any changes to your EVA then you should run capture config again.
*WARNING* capture config ONLY saves the config of the EVA ***NOT DATA*** You would still require backup media to restore your data.
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...
Edward143
Advisor

i will restore the data from the media. but how to restore the sssu output to cv ???
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
To restore the file the you need to go into SSSU prompt, select the storage array and then use the sssu file command - note: it is not the same command you used earlier.

"sssu prompt"> file "location of file you saved"
example
> file "c:\abc\recovery_step1a.txt"

The best way to understand is to go and capture a config script from a configured EVA and look at it.

Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...