5987 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSSU connection issue

Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

SSSU connection issue

Hi all,

does anyone know which ports are used by SSSU when communicating with Command View EVA? Local SSSU on the appliance works fine, but I get connection error message (EMCLIENTAPISOCKET_CONNECT_ERROR : Cannot establish socket connection with the server.) when trying the same from my hp-ux box.

TIA

Michal

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk Array to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). -HP Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
gstonian
Trusted Contributor

Is the hp-ux connected to the SAN ? Is this error showing when you initially run the SSSU or after you try to connect to the management server with the usual...

select manager u= p=
Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

it's san attached - yes, but that's not important as sssu talks to eva thru command view via network.

this appears after select manager statement
gstonian
Trusted Contributor

What versions of sssu and COmmand View are you running ?

It's possibly the version of sssu on the hp-ux box ? I've seen errors like this where they were resolved by upgrading the sssu.

Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

5.0.12 both
gstonian
Trusted Contributor

Another poster seems to have had the same problem.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1093024

Up to you if you want to try sssu version 6 to see if it makes a difference. You can download it, save off the current version then try this version. If it doesn't work, then just copy back the original - nothing lost.

ssu Version 6 available here.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3185481тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=471497
Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

SSSU v6 is not going to work with Command view v.5, but i think i'll try 5.0.0 instead. Anyway, this version incompatibility doesn't sound like the real show-stopper here, as the error message indicates communication problem, not an application one. That's why I've asked for the used tcp ports in the first place, furthermore, i'm using the exact version of SSSU on windows the box, where CV is running, and that works properly.
Sheriff Andy
Trusted Contributor

Michal,

We have some of the same issues. It really does stink. Somehow one of the ports gets corrupt.

When this occurs, I restart the command view eva service or just reboot the SMA. Best way is just to reboot the SMA.

Just so we don't see any of the same issues and so we can sleep at night, we reboot the box on a regular schedule.

Hope this helps,
Andy
Michal Toth
Regular Advisor

Hi Andy,

thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.