1752782 Members
6211 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSSU questions

Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

"...I cannot get into the system until then since I have no way to get to the network other htan multi-hops of telnet sessions."

The system you are running SSSU on... is it on the same physical local area network as the CV server?

Are you sure the server is up and running?

You and/or your company should look for a way to get betetr access to the management server or open up some additional ports so you can get to the management server, or install a modem... something.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
JL Billman
Advisor

Yes, the rp5470 and the DL380 are on the same subnet. I hve been able to ping the DL380 but I am not sure what is running on it and what is not.

In an ideal world it would be great to punch holes in our firewall and our customer's firewall to allow access with all the nifty tools that are out there. Unfortunately in the real world we have to use the tools that work in the environment we are given.
Rich Rauenzahn_1
Occasional Advisor

I'm having a similar problem -- I don't believe there is a service/agent running on port 2372 of the management console.

I get connection refused to that port on both on the management box and the UX box. (Even though sssu works locally on the box -- I suspect it uses a different port when local.)

Is there a switch that needs to be pulled to turn on remote SSSU access? Haven't found one in the docs yet...

Rich

Rich Rauenzahn_1
Occasional Advisor

Here's an interesting piece of documentation. For me, my eva web page is on port 2381:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00605846/c00605846.pdf

It says..

Starting HP Command View EVA
To start HP Command View EVA, you can browse to the management server (general-purpose server, dedicated management server, Storage Management Appliance, or ProLiant Storage Server) from a client machine.
To start HP Command View EVA on the management server:
Open the browser.
Using the server name or IP address as the host_name, enter the following:
https://host_name:2372/command_view_eva
The HP Command View EVA login window opens.

And then it says...

You can change the port that you use to log into the HP Command View EVA user interface. (The default port is 2372). You can also change the timeout parameter, which determines how much inactivity can occur before the browser session times out and requires you to log in again. To change these parameters, you must edit the cveva.cfg file, which is located in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SANworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\Bridge directory. (If you installed HP Command View EVA on an SMA, the directory is C:\Program Files\Compaq\SANworks\Element Manager for StorageWorks HSV\Bridge.)
You can edit this file using a text file editor. Go to the following section:
Section Webserver {
# The port for SSL connections
# Default: 2372
port 2372
# The time limit on HTTP sessions in seconds
# Default: 3600 (1 hour)
# Set the value to zero to disable the timeout feature
timeout 3600
}
Change the port and/or timeout parameter to the appropriate value and save the cveva.cfg file. You must restart the HP Command View EVA service for the changes to become effective. For instructions, see "Restarting the HP Command View EVA service" on page 35.

Rich Rauenzahn_1
Occasional Advisor

Resolved it for myself -- I had the wrong version of ssu (was using a 6.x client with 4.x). Using the 4.x client fixed it.

I've also seen references to openssl being required for some versions -- solution/problem given was:

A line like this indicates a problem with openssl:
04/12/06 09:46:41 - 1314663978, net, 2824, 1, 1, secsocket_ossl, 201, Connect failed: Err: -1 RC: 5

Search for openssl on hp.com (free download) and install it