1752586 Members
4062 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

SSSU "select manager" not working in interactive mode

drdave1527
Occasional Contributor

SSSU "select manager" not working in interactive mode

I've just upgraded to SSSU v6 and am trying to make a script that sends commands to an interactive session of sssu work.

I have two managers, man1 and man2, and need to switch between them in interactive mode.

When I start sssu in interactive mode, I'm prompted for and respond to the following:

Manager: man1
Username:
Password:

Now I can select my system and get what I need. However, when I try to change the manager, it doesn't know what "select manager" means. It tells me there is an unknown character at the "m" in "manager". When I do a "select ?" it shows me:

MANAGER
SYSTEM

So the help says that I should be able to do "select manager" but the actual command syntax handler doesn't seem to be there.

This really sucks, because I have this huge perl script created by a vendor that can't be used now because of this small thing. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get around this? Perhaps a different version that will work with EVA 6?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: SSSU "select manager" not working in interactive mode

>> So the help says that I should be able to do "select manager" but the actual command syntax handler doesn't seem to be there.

It seems that when you already are into a manager, you cannot select another, you must exit first.

The select manager indeed works if you call from the command line or a file:

/sbin/sssu "select manager 10.129.4.161 username= password=" "ls vdisk"

/sbin/sssu "file sssu.cmd"

cat sssu.cmd
"select manager 10.129.4.161 username= password=" "ls vdisk"
ls vidsk

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?