1753427 Members
4767 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SSSU "select manager" not working in interactive mode

drdave1527
Occasional Contributor

SSSU "select manager" not working in interactive mode

I've just upgraded to SSSU v6 and am trying to make a script that sends commands to an interactive session of sssu work.

I have two managers, man1 and man2, and need to switch between them in interactive mode.

When I start sssu in interactive mode, I'm prompted for and respond to the following:

Manager: man1
Username:
Password:

Now I can select my system and get what I need. However, when I try to change the manager, it doesn't know what "select manager" means. It tells me there is an unknown character at the "m" in "manager". When I do a "select ?" it shows me:

MANAGER
SYSTEM

So the help says that I should be able to do "select manager" but the actual command syntax handler doesn't seem to be there.

This really sucks, because I have this huge perl script created by a vendor that can't be used now because of this small thing. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get around this? Perhaps a different version that will work with EVA 6?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: SSSU "select manager" not working in interactive mode

>> So the help says that I should be able to do "select manager" but the actual command syntax handler doesn't seem to be there.

It seems that when you already are into a manager, you cannot select another, you must exit first.

The select manager indeed works if you call from the command line or a file:

/sbin/sssu "select manager 10.129.4.161 username= password=" "ls vdisk"

/sbin/sssu "file sssu.cmd"

cat sssu.cmd
"select manager 10.129.4.161 username= password=" "ls vdisk"
ls vidsk

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?