108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Scripting (SSSU) EVA Power-off

SOLVED
Go to solution
CarloG
Occasional Advisor

Scripting (SSSU) EVA Power-off

We want to automate shutdown of our 2 EVA-6000 arrays in case of a main power failure, so we can conserve UPS battery power for a small number of critical network devices.

Looking at the SSSU reference manual at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00605847/c00605847.pdf it looks like the "SHUTDOWN" command only shuts down the controller(s).

Anybody know if full EVA power-off is possible by scripting?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk Array to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). - Hp Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

No, it is not possible to power-off the EVA fully ( i.e. with PDU shut-off ) with scripting or rather s/w control. You need to manually turn off the circuit breakers on the EVA rack PDUs after following proper shutdown procedure given at
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01077638/c01077638.pdf
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Yes you can. The equivalent of hitting the "Power Down" button in Command View EVA, through SSSU is:

shutdown "" all_peers

This will shutdown both controllers and then remove power to all the disk shelves.

I've just tested this with SSSU 6, and it works fine.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
CarloG
Occasional Advisor

Thank you, Rob, I think that's what I need. But I won't be able to actually test it for at least a couple of weeks.

It seems this "ALL PEERS" option has only been documente in the lastest edition of the scripting manual. The one I referred to above was the 9th edition from July 2006. The 10th edition (June 2007) includes the "ALL PEERS" option.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01077522/c01077522.pdf
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

For future reference, I've just looked on a Command View EVA 5.0.3 box, and the ALL_PEERS option is available there as well.

Cheers,

Rob
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> It seems this "ALL PEERS" option has only been documente in the lastest edition of the scripting manual.

I've just checked the "Scripting Utility V1.0 for Enterprise Virtual Array Reference Guide", Part Number: AA-RPK7A-TE from October 2001 and it did include ALL_PEERS...
CarloG
Occasional Advisor

Thanks again, Rob.

I was starting to worry ALL_PEERS might be available only with CV 7.0, which is available only on HP-UX !

I will test this in our next shutdown window.
CarloG
Occasional Advisor

Test it last weekend. It works just fine!
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Cool. Glad it worked !

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this thread, I thought I'd let you know that the functionality is also available in CV EVA 4.

Cheers,

Rob