New Discussion юеВ

Swapping vraids

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Whapshott
Frequent Advisor

Swapping vraids

Hi,
I have 1 TEST VMS Server that I have VMS 8.3 installed on 1 disk and 7.3-2 on the other.
When I want to boot VMS 8.3 I use Command View to make this disk accessible to the host and set the 7.3-2 disk to no present.

Is there a way I could automate this using SSSU. If so could an example be given please.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Paul

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk Array to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Swapping vraids

Absolutely no problem! SSSU is just made for these tasks.

Use the "ADD LUN" and "DELETE LUN" commands.

For the format of "ADD LUN", check the output of "CAPTURE CONFIGURATION" - "DELETE LUN" just uses the same path.
Paul Whapshott
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Uwe,

I dont have much experience with sssu, however I don't want to delete any vraids (is that what DEL LUN does?) I just need to set nopresent and PRESENT to 1 server!.

Regards,

Paul
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

confusing as it may sound, DELETE LUN just removes a presentation. DELETE VDISK would delete the Vdisk and the data on it.

From the SSSU User's Guide:
The DELETE LUN command removes access to a virtual disk from a host.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00605847/c00605847.pdf

Regards,
Stephen
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul,

If you haven't already you'll probably want to review the SSSU reference guide here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00605847/c00605847.pdf

Just to confirm:

The DELETE LUN command removes access to a
virtual disk from a host.

The ADD LUN command makes virtual disks available to a host.

Cheers,

Rob
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

"ADD LUN" maps an existing virtual disk into a host's LUN address space and "DELETE LUN" removes that mapping - it DOES NOT delete existing virtual disks. I know it, as I have used these commands a number of times.

Unfortunately the term "LUN" is used for many different things, so I can understand your confusion.
Paul Whapshott
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your quick input gentlemen. The explanations have cleared it up for me.

Many thanks,

Paul