Storage Software
1752301 Members
4873 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

sssu and scanmaster problem with username and password.

SOLVED
Go to solution
uma_3
Advisor

sssu and scanmaster problem with username and password.

I am trying to capture information using SSSU and Scanmaster. Using EVA8000, command view 4.1.1 on a window 2003 sp1 server. When using sssu username and password information is reported incorrect when it is correct. When using Scanmaster username and password also fail when eva is chosen as the management appliance.

I noticed that the web home page is different, including changing the homepage password. Also password authentication is calling to use system host.

My gut feeling is that sssu and scanmaster are broken with the new web home page. Does anyone have any inputs?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Mike Reznak
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: sssu and scanmaster problem with username and password.

Hi,
problem with password and how to reset it was discussed for example in this thread.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=958939

Mike
...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world ;o)
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

What Mike refers to is my response dated "Sep 27, 2005 17:01:36".

It is not SSSU or other programs (RSM) which are broken - it is the password management between the CV-EVA agent and the system management home page :-(
uma_3
Advisor

Thanks everyone. I was able to resolve this issue another way. I changed the CPQHMMD.ACL file with one from a known environment. My understanding is that this file is related to passwords. After using this file, SSSU and Scanmaster worked. I also got another tip that the password issue is documented in the RSM installation guide. I must point out that I have not followed up this claim or your fix. Again, thanks for your responses.

Mark
uma_3
Advisor

Changed password file.