StoreEasy Storage

AIO 1200 still supported on ESX 3.5 ?

Bernt Torbjornsen

AIO 1200 still supported on ESX 3.5 ?

The HP AIO (All in one storage) iSCSI SAN is not listed as supported in the SAN compatibility guide for ESX 3.5.
It's supported on 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 but not for 3.5. It seems that all AIO models have been removed from the list.
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vi35_san_guide.pdf

Does anyone know why it's not supported anymore?

Some other questions:

When I create an iSCSI based LUN on the AIO with the storage wizard I get the following Status warning: "There is less than 15% of disk space remaining on disk D:"
I have created a VMware VMFS on the AIO virtual disk. Is this normal?

When I try to create a User Defined disk on SATA and choose RAID5 the wizard creates a RAID6/ADG disk. When I do the same on SAS it creates a RAID5 disk. Is this a known bug?

Regards
Bernt Torbjornsen
1 REPLY 1
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: AIO 1200 still supported on ESX 3.5 ?

Hi Bernt,

Read the note at the top of page 2 of that document...

"You will note that this guide is sparsely populated at present. The reason for this is that storage arrays require reâ certification for ESX Server 3.5 and ESX Server
3i, and while many reâ certifications are in process or planned, relatively few have been fully completed to date. In contrast, servers and IO devices do not require
reâ certification. The Systems Compatibility and IO Compatibility Guides for ESX Server 3.5 and ESX Server 3i are already well populated because in almost all
cases certification from the latest ESX Server 3.x version of the guides was simply carried over to the ESX Server 3.5 and ESX Server 3i version. For details on
when the reâ certification of a specific storage array for ESX Server 3.5 and ESX Server 3i will be complete, please contact the storage vendor."

Cheers,

Rob